The first few weeks following Mardi Gras, we see a marked increase in activity and new homes coming on the market. Now, at the start of the year, is the perfect time to start preparing your home if you are considering a sale this Spring. We have combined some tips and resources for you to consider! Don't be overwhelmed - these tips and tricks and suggestions all have some very common themes. And, homeowners who list their home with Engel & Völkers during 2018, will be provided a complimentary 1-hour consultation from one of our in-house certified interior decorators, home stagers, or a local expert in helping a homeowner identify the biggest bang for their buck. To qualify, please fill out the "Contact Form" found on our Homeowner Resources page!
And, as always, our expert Real Estate Advisors welcome the opportunity to provide a complimentary market analysis of your home's value based on today's market here in New Orleans.
From our partners at Realtor.com, here are 7 steps to make a Fantastic First Impression!
- 'Break Up' with your home
- Focus on curb appeal
- Ditch as much stuff as possible
- Fix the broken stuff - all of it (including replacing those lightbulbs you've been putting off)
- Consider a small mini-makeover that packs a punch
- Appeal to all senses
- Keep up appearances - indefinitely
Curated from US News & World Report, here are their top 10 ways to Sell Your Home Fast
- If at all possible, remove pets and take steps to remove hair and any smells associated with them
- Share what you love about the home - make notes or list the things your love about your home
- Always use a FULL TIME REALTOR who is committed to the industry, knows our market, and knows the right connections locally to get your home sold as fast as possible.
- We understand every home is a mansion but a property is worth only what someone is willing to pay for it. As hard as it may be, take the emotion out of the transaction.
Engel & Völkers New Orleans